I think we already know the potential Yahoo Answer is having in terms of Branding. If you’re in the social media wave or doing SMO (social media optimization), Yahoo Answers is worth a shot.
With Yahoo Answers you can basically brand your site, bring more link juice and generate good traffic like other social bookmarking sites or network sites does.
Yahoo Answers gives you an excellent opportunity to build some excellent trust and recognition by helping your target customer, giving them answer to their decision making questions.
Here is a snippet that can really help in bringing out best from your YA Campaign.
- Get the Yahoo Answers membership, upload a cool avatar and fill in your profile with general and accurate information.
- Pick the category most relevant to your business or site for target.
- Keep a check on the category daily for questions that you can answer accurately and informatively.
- Plug in your searches in Yahoo for your top targeted keywords or key phrases.
- Try to answer those questions supplied by Yahoo Answers in the normal Yahoo Search results, these will help you to get some attention and possibly clicks on your links.
- Try to socialize with the fellow members. Add them into your friends list.
- Answer the questions that you can and link to your site as a reference when best suited. But make sure you give correct answers. You should not misguide anyone.
- To avoid getting suspended, try to link to other sites as reference.
- Appreciate others views and thoughts. This will make things easier for you to socialize.
- Keep an eye on your log files and referring sites of your webmaster tools to see if you are really getting any traffic and conversions.
- Don’t expect quick results from the campaign. Yahoo takes time to index its Yahoo Answers listings. So it’s not a quick marketing fix.
One of the biggest advantages it has, Yahoo Answers info is also integrated into Yahoo Local, Yahoo Search, Yahoo Brand Channels and other Yahoo content channels, so the audience is growing significantly.
In May 7th Yahoo announced, it has reached 10 million registered US users, with over 90 million worldwide and growing at a steady pace.
I think you can really do some serious business with it.